Thursday, December 17, 2009

Babies, Moving, and More Moving

Holy Cow! It's been forever and I am still figuring out this blogging thing. I have to figure out how to make uploading the pics on here quicker or else I am never going to be able to keep up with a blog the way I would like.

So, since the last time I wrote so much has happened. Let's start with a baby...
On October 19, at around 4:00 am, I woke with horrible contractions. I was scheduled to go in that morning for a c section with our second son. I got ready as planned and we headed to the hospital. However, on our way, those contractions got nasty and were about 2 minutes apart. By the time we got upstairs to Labor and Delivery I was 7 cm and in pain! After getting permission from my doctor to go ahead with a vbac, the nurses got me all ready for the anesthesiologist. I never wanted an epidural, but I was so out of it and not thinking right, along with the fact that all of this happened SO FAST, that I never stopped them. What I would do to take back time to that moment...

As soon as that doctor got that needle and medicine in my back, everything started going numb- and I mean everything! I mentioned to the doc that I felt like I couldn't speak (the nurses kindly said, "You're talking to us now." What they didn't realize at the time was that I had thought it way before I got it out of my mouth.) and that I couldn't breathe. Just a few moments later I was unconscious as they rushed me to surgery. I was dilated at 10 cm, with my water broke, and I was totally unable to do anything about it! Next thing I knew I woke in ICU about 4 hours later with a tube down my throat and handful of nurses at my side. WHAT HAPPENED!?

It turned out that I received a spinal on accident, rather than an epidural. I was really upset about how all of that turned out and still am sometimes. I do know that God was in it, no matter what happened. I really prayed so much before this birth that whatever He wanted to happen would- without me or doctor's opinions getting in the way. Maybe he was protecting me from something or maybe he wanted to teach me something... I don't know. I may never, but it's ok. I will just be open to whatever he does show me today or years from now.

We now have a precious, very healthy, little boy named Beckett Jackson Thomas who weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and looks just like his big brother!


A few weeks after Beckett was born we got an offer on our house. After a couple weeks of "counter offering" back and forth, we finally agreed on a price. We moved out of our house and into my parents so that we could save up some money for another home. We currently have our stuff between two parent's homes and a storage unit. We were supposed to close the 14th of this month. However, a couple of days before that, some major stuff happened and it's not sold. I am not going into detail about it because I am still too attached to this event or whatever it is you say when you can't talk about something without getting really mad! Basically the buyers messed up some paper work, which, in the end, canceled the deal. We will be moving back into our home after Christmas. Ugh... It's been really nice at mom's though since I have been getting so much help with Beckett, who has turned out to be quit a little stinker in the crying and no sleeping department. It's a good thing he is so cute... And once again, I still know God's in control.

Here are some random pics that I thought I would stick in here. Bodie was Nemo for Halloween. He loves Nemo! His butt/ fin wiggled when he walked and it was so cute! The other precious kids are Caedmon and Avonlea- my niece and nephew.


  1. You look great Jody, thanks for sending me the link so I could catch up on you guys. Bodie and Beckett are precious! Hope one day to see you guys again!

  2. Oh My Adventuresse!! I'm so glad you are blogging. The boys are so cute. I love you!